Global Scale-up Program Overview
The program allows you to develop the knowledge and entrepreneurial skills necessary for scaling-up a life sciences and medical devices venture. You start with a baseline assessment to determine your starting point as a venture compared with US and European competitors. Based on the outcome, you will get one-on-one mentoring to guide you with your decision-making on how to increase the value of your venture. This program is divided into three modules. It features lectures on Scaling-up your business and coaching by world-class entrepreneurs (Module 1), an US investment journey to Southern California (Module 2) and investor pitches, lectures and attendance to the leading life science conference in the Netherlands, Innovation for Health (Module 3).
- Ambitious entrepreneurs (CEO/CSO/CMO-level) and Business Developers of Life Sciences or medical device companies.
- Also Investment Managers and Business Developers of regional development agencies are welcome to join.
- The venture should be established, have received a first round of start-up investments, and be ready to start a market exploration in the United States and Europe to launch globally between 1 and 3 years.
- Preferably, you register as a team and work together to scale-up your venture to the global launch. You can also register individually.
- The program is supported by an actively involved global advisory board and mentors with a proven entrepreneurial track record.
The Global Scale-up Program is modular in structure, allowing you to take the module(s) separately.
- Module 1) Scale-up Business Development Life Sciences & Health
15th of June kick-off meeting in Apeldoorn and 25th of September 2018 at EY in Amsterdam
- Module 2) Scale-up Entrepreneurial Marketing & Strategy
25-31 October 2018: San Diego-Orange County-Los Angeles, the Unites States*
- Module 3) Scale-up Entrepreneurial Finance & Leadership
13-14 February 2019: Amsterdam & Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Mission Global Scale-up Program Southern California 25 – 31 October
The Global Scale-up Program is a unique pressure-cooker preparation program to make your venture ready for a winning product launch or a next round of investments.
The program is dedicated to venture teams in life sciences and medical devices who want to be maximally prepared for their scaling-up strategy. The program combines in-depth training and mentoring by serial entrepreneurs, marketing experts, and investors from the United States and Europe. Scaling-up involves finding a next investor, scaling-up with a (corporate) partner, and finding the best entrance strategy to new markets. Mentors can guide you through this complex decision process and connect you with experienced experts around the globe. Our experts provide you with honest feedback to push you further. The training program is part of a global proven Executive business program “BIO BUSINESS ENTERPRISE Program” of the University of California. Your will gain a valued certificate and become part of an international business network in California.
Part of the program is the Medical Technology Investment Forum (MTIF) and partnering with possible collaboration partners in the United States.
Goals of the program
• Learn how to strategize your market positioning and launch within 1 to years
• Know how to systematically look for the optimal market entry points for your business and select the optimal partner or investor
• Experience different techniques to get inside your US and European customers’ heads and translate this to your venture branding and communication
• Quickly scan US market exploration in key regions for your venture
• Learn to think as a global formal investor and translate this to your own venture proposition
• Allows for personal access to a dedicated top-league global network in the United States and Europe to deepen and expand your global network
This international program is designed for companies who want to scale-up there venture in the sector Life Sciences or Medtech.
Mission & Missionvoucher
Oost NL is collaborating with RVO on the possibity for the Dutch SME’s to qualify for a missionvoucher of max. € 1.500 per company Conditions missionvoucher.
Health Holland – University of Maastricht- Hyphen Projects – Oost NL
*Certificate University of California
The training program is integrated with of a global proven Executive business program “BIO BUSINESS ENTERPRISE Program” of the University of California. Your will gain a valued certificate and become part of an international business network in Southern California.
Join the Alumni Entrepreneurial Network
You will become part of a global entrepreneurial community that gives you access to regular opportunities to pitch and stay part of the network.
Module 1: Business Development Life Sciences & Health
EY office, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. 25th of September 2018.
Program on the 25th of September 2018
TIME CONTENT 8:30 Welcome with tea and coffee 9:00 Welcome & Introduction
Frank van de Manakker
9:15 Global Scaling through M&A
Rob de Ree
11:30 Coffee break 12:00 Business development
13:00 Lunch 13.45 Scale-up Action Plan US
Marianne van der Steen
14:15 Upscaling through Strategic Partnerships – Understanding the corporate perspective
Panel: Harrold van Barlingen / Wiebe Olijve
15:00 Entrepreneurial lab: Strategic partnerships & M&A strategy
Mentors: Rianne Ellenbroek / Lieuwke de Jong / Fred van Lemmen / Harrie van Baars / Harrold van Barlingen / Lucas de Breed / Thijs Cohen Tervaert / Linze Dijkstra / Erik de Heer / Ronald Maurer / Wietse Mulder / Ronald Nanninga / Wiebe Olijve / Stephen Seuntjens / Felice Verduyn / Femke van de Hoef / Jelmer Kalisvaart
17:00 Coffee break 17:30 Legal aspects of scaling your business
Femke van de Hoef / Jelmer Kalisvaart
18:00 Towards a Successful Global Strategy
Sander van Deventer / Dick Hoogenberg
19:00 Drinks and closing of the day
Module 2: Scale-up Entrepreneurial Marketing
San Diego-Orange County-Los Angeles – 25-31th of October 2018
US Venture Assessment & Investor Pitches
The program combines in-depth training and mentoring by serial entrepreneurs, marketing experts, and investors from the United States and Europe.
The program is US- and Europe-based for teams who want to be maximally prepared for their scaling-up. Scaling-up involves finding a next investor, scaling-up with a (corporate) partner, and finding the best entrance strategy to new markets. Mentors can guide you through this complex decision process and connect you with experienced experts around the globe. Our experts provide you with honest feedback to push you further.
It is a unique combination of a global investment journey, training and mentoring that helps you truly learn in a pressure-cooker setting and apply your learning to your global business strategy.
Participants will be able to pitch to US and European investors, develop adequate branding and marketing of the overall venture within a very short time. Your venture will get an in-depth US assessment in a personal and open atmosphere as a fertile ground to learn and make the right strategic choices for scaling-up.
Module 3: Scale-up Entrepreneurial Finance & Leadership
Netherlands- February 2019
Program to be announced.
For more information regarding the previous edition, please visit https://global-investor-forum.com/program/.